I'm going on vacation and letting DH care for my girls for 2 weeks...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Granolamom, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Granolamom

Granolamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Dallas
    Tomorrow the kids and I are leaving for Germany for 2 weeks, and hubby is staying here to "hold down the fort" and care for my chickens. I know it's horrible, but I'm worried SICK about my girls, and wish I could take them with me (actually, we're going on a farm vacation, so do ya think they'd let me take them on the plane...?). Yes, DH is the same man who gave them a serious case of swollen crop about 2 weeks ago, when he cooked them a huge lunch of leftover spaghetti, grains, cereal, whole grapes, and whatever else, and these gluttonous (sp?) birds ate every last bit of it and then just stood around the yard, unable to move, and obviousely sick. Please, good people, if you see a post in the next 2 weeks with my name on it, asking for help, ANSWER IT!!!! Help him take care of my girls, PLEASE!!!!

2. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    You are braver than I am...I will be thinking about you. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

My MIL is in the hospital, so I asked my sons to put up the chickens and pigs the other night. They did an alright job, except for the fact that they locked the chickens' food in the barn instead of putting it in the coop with the chickens...

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Brave woman indeed!
    If I ever did that, I know my SO could take care of chickens. He grew up being a chicken farmer.
    He just doesn't know how to take care of MY chickens.
    Have a great trip!

4. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Hmm well you guys are lucky. I don't think my husband even knows I have chickens. He's so aware isn't he?

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:OT - Mine still asks about once a week how many chickens I have. He also tells people I have black brahmas (my darks). He calls every one of my dark hens Lil' Bit. I tell him to look at the faces and you can easily tell which one is Lil'Bit. He just doesn't get it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by