I'm going to put a mini fridge in my coop!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Tala, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

So I can hide the Dr Pepper from DH.

Buying singles from the gas station is expensive, but buying "bulk" from WalMart only means that DH sits on his computer and has 4 at at time and there's never any left for me. [​IMG]

*is going down to the gas station at 10pm because all the 2L's that I bought last payday are gone and I didn't get a drop*

2. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Darnit! I thought you were going to list the perfect way to use my perfectly good mini fridge. I have no hubby or soda drinking competition, but I do have a mini fridge that I don't know what to do with.

I can see it now, your hubby yelling out to you, "What are you doing out there?" and you're like (glug glug glug,....) "Nothing! Be right in!"

3. LivinNewDreamInND

LivinNewDreamInND Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Quote:That is what I thought too, lol! I ran a hundred things through my head debating if I should just click on the thread to kill my curiosity. I thought maybe a place for meal worm treats or to keep ice handy in the summer. You could always let it cool down a few hours and then open it up to air condition the coop, although the hens might think it is a "cool" nest box. Instead of a mini fridge in the coop you could always divide the bulk cans and put a smathering of your lipgloss on your cans. My DH won't touch a glass with lip gloss on it, he is afraid of being sparklely, lol.

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You have to insulate it so he can't here it hum..... Don't ask me how I know.

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:My husband is afraid of my rooster, and the coop is far enough away from the back porch that he wouldn't hear it. "Oh yeah dear, that's just the bug zapper going out there"

Red Boy is guaranteed a loooooooong life on this "farm" [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:My husband is afraid of my rooster, and the coop is far enough away from the back porch that he wouldn't hear it. "Oh yeah dear, that's just the bug zapper going out there"

Red Boy is guaranteed a loooooooong life on this "farm" [​IMG]

Good for you!!!! I need a food closet in the bedroom, not to keep Ken away, but the kids.

8. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I already have a freezer on the back porch, and an extension cord all the way out to the coop, so why not add a mini fridge to the "collection" [​IMG]

I even think my dad has one in storage from his old office, if it still works he offered it to me once....I could get it for free! He had it to keep his Dr Peppers away from the office fridge thieves. Apparently it's entire goal in life is to protect the Dr P addiction!

9. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    I have this mental picture of my chickens all gathered around the fridge, drinking Dr. Pepper, gossipping - "Did you see the size of Domino's egg today, that biddy should be ashamed of herself," or the roos - "Buttercup is a good lay(er)."

10. Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:LOL [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by