I'm going to see some birds get processed...and i'm excited!! Haha!!

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Jolyn, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    I can't even imagine me being excited about going to see some meat birds getting processed. However I am!! If you had told me this a year ago i would have been grossed out. My mil's cousins are doing some mid October. I got it marked on my calendar. My husband just shook his head when Mark called me this morning to give me the date. I told dh that he's going too. He didn't look impressed.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  2. UncleHoot

UncleHoot Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    St. Johns, Michigan
    I bring live chickens to my processor. I get whole chickens back in a bag. I realize that I'm missing something, but I just can't bring myself to "do the deed" myself. But I think I could watch... And then maybe I could learn to process my own.

Post a follow-up here after the fact. I'd be interested to know your feelings on the entire experience.

3. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    I will be sure to update UncleHoot! My friend swears i'll be a vegan by the end of October. Haha!

4. SandraMort

SandraMort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    ny
    I'm seeing a bird processed soon and doing my first on te 11th. I totally understAND!

5. SandraMort

SandraMort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    ny
    OH, and I can't go vegan, I've got 105 meat birds and 40 or so layers growing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by