I'm going to surprise the DGF this spring and plant 95 tulip bulbs

ok i'm done. i went with the chicken wire because i had extra already. i have planted them this time of year before in a different bed and they came up fine. so this time i planted them in the beds at the end of our driveway(which were the beds that got eaten before). i dug out about 1½ feet and laid down the wire. i then added a 3 inch layer of compost/soil mix. planted my 90(40 each side) bulbs and added another 3 inches or so of compost/soil mix. i then added daylily bulbs over that. topped all that with a little more soil and mulched it.

so now she will just think i mulched the beds and won't be expecting 90 beautiful tulips come spring.

wish me luck.

Quote:
Oh, that it good! She isn't even expecting them! LOL

Good Luck! I hope they are the most beautiful tulips she has ever seen
big_smile.png

Backdoor, I planted 75 tulip bulbs last autumn. The voles (meadow mice) ate all but 5. I poured Assault brand mouse killer down their little vole holes. I am finding dead voles all over my flower beds. I plan to routinely poison the little buggers. Well. if they didn't eat the tulips, the deer would have. Nothing eats daffodils-I think I'll stick with them in the future. Geo.

Back
Top Bottom