I'm going to survive this UPDATE! 1 down, 1 to go!

Quote:
They are leaving tomorrow (I think).
I have offered to get DSD a copy of the book that teaches the "1-2-3 Magic" method of discipline. She seems to be very open to my giving her advice of child-rearing, but won't take advice from her dad or mom.
idunno.gif

Quote:
I have to admit, I don't understand this type of mentality. Doesn't teaching a child what no means when they are young prepare them not to be further hurt when they hear it later?
idunno.gif

I must be missing something. The word, no, doesn't mean anything except what the culture assigns the sounds of those laters. If you use ta like you use the word, no, then ta becomes no, doesn't it.

Okay, that hurt my head.
tongue.png

My DH's reasoning for not using the specific word NO is that it is too short a sound. STOP is longer (drawing out the O sound) and a specific phrase is even better. STOP HITTING, for example.

Quote:
They are leaving tomorrow (I think).
I have offered to get DSD a copy of the book that teaches the "1-2-3 Magic" method of discipline. She seems to be very open to my giving her advice of child-rearing, but won't take advice from her dad or mom.
idunno.gif

I have heard that is a good book.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
That's what my ma would do with it!

Mine too!
lol.png

FYI Mine has done it, lol.

My Ma reads in bed before she goes to sleep. We have always gone in there when we have gotten older to sit and talk. (like we did in our beds when we were little) Ma hates for you to bounce the bed. You know me, I have to do it. This this time, I eased my way into the bed so it didn't bounce. But when I got up, BOING!! My Ma doesn't read paperbacks!! Big ol' thick NOVELS!!! Caught me on the booty as I ran out! lol.

Last edited:
Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
I'm still laughing! I gave up spanking about midway through my brood but I once stopped traffic in a 4 way intersection when I yelled to keep my son (on the other side of the street) from stepping in front of a car.

DSD #1 and GS left yesterday; her DH drove down to pick them up.
Last night DSD #2 showed up, very sick with what we think is a UTI. I fed her, she crashed on the couch.
I've made her an appt. with our former doctor today and had DH give her a check to pay for the visit. She has no insurance and she's broke, as usual.
The doctor's office said the visit will be at least $125. I have a feeling that the money we were saving for me to have a new chair with ottoman (I have no way of putting my aching legs up right now), the chair I've been sooo wanting for three years now, is being tapped into to pay for the doctor visit.
sad.png

I can tell DH is torn between wanting to go with her and going with me to Hot Springs, a three hour drive, for my own follow-up appointment with the rheumatologist.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom