I'm Going To The Alamo Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mjdtexan, Apr 14, 2009.

1. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Yall hold the fort down. I have a civic duty tomorrow and I am going to the Alamo to support my fellow Americans. "See" yall when I get back. Maybe I'll meet me a senorita out there, ya think, que no?

2. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Which Alamo? The movie set one or the real one?

3. mjdtexan

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Quote:I'm a born and bread & buttered Texan by God!!!! Of course I am going to the real one.

4. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    Vive Las Tejas!

Give the Alamo a kiss for me! I kinda miss that part of the world...well not from like May (end of April) till like September. I got a little sticky smelly hot...[​IMG]

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:You might meet a senorita there. I was there in 1985 and got uh huhm "approached" right outside the entrance.

Imp- [​IMG]

6. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    Quote:I'm a born and bread & buttered Texan by God!!!! Of course I am going to the real one.

I believe the correct way to say that is

By Gawd!

I knew which one you meant! That is an official type pilgrimage! Goliad is a good one to visit as well! Y'all gonna put all the tax money in a pile and fly one of the old flags (Come and Take It sounds good to me)

7. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Quote:You must live near Austin. I've been by both the Alamo movie set and the real deal. I think only locals would maybe know where the set is.

8. mjdtexan

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Quote:You might meet a senorita there. I was there in 1985 and got uh huhm "approached" right outside the entrance.

Imp- [​IMG]

True that, true that, I go all the time. The river walk has changed a good deal and thats a shame but tomorrow will be about my country.

Quote:You must live near Austin. I've been by both the Alamo movie set and the real deal. I think only locals would maybe know where the set is.

Houston baby, Houston. Austin is beautiful but it aint my kind of town. Hippie Hallow has gone, well, it gone, oh heck I cant say that here.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  9. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009

I used to live in Austin. I was young when I went to the movie set one.

10. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Quote:Say "Howdy" to Sean for me if you see him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by