I'm gonna be bored all week in this crummy weather...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by missychicky, Nov 19, 2010.

1. missychicky

missychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2009
    Milwuakie. OR
    I have this next week off from scholl and I'm gonna be home wevery day exept thanksigiving, and I live in the suburbs so exploring some forest or wild hill isn't an option [​IMG]. How am I gonna keep myself from dieing of boredom? What do you do in the winter when you have nothing TO do?

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Read..

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Clean the house for your mom.

4. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    Boredom = lack of imagination

You are going to get an earful from all of the old fogeys on here about being bored. LOL I never once told my parents when I was young that I was bored. It simply meant a much longer list of chores. And the list from the start was not one I was going to finish that day.

5. silkiechick236

silkiechick236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Quote:X2 [​IMG]

6. luvs2garden2000

luvs2garden2000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Norman Oklahoma
    LOL I remember when my girls told me they were bored..........the fridg was cleaned out...........then after that a few times they found things to keep them from being bored. I know I am no help sorry.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:That's how it was with our kids too. They learned young never to utter the "b" word.........me and their dad had lots of jobs to relieve their boredom!!

8. littlefork

littlefork Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2010
    Read, knit, clean out cabinets, clean out closets, exercise, organize paperwork, clean out refrid, work on budget, volunteer, call an old friend, prepare Christmas cards, clean out car, vacuum, dust, water the plants, try a new recipe, wash the drapes, bathe the dog, pay bills, organize the garage, paint the kitchen, etc. Thats my to do list, any ideas??

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I'm prolly gonna sit in the Nursery (bathroom) and watch chicks and ducklings in the brooders for a good portion of the time.

Oh, I'll probably TOUCH them some, too, not just watch 'em.

I might wash my dishes. I will probably take some time to break down all the boxes in which shipped hatching eggs arrived. I will also set some more eggs in the incubators.

Then, if I get tired of any of that work, I will open yet another box and break out the brand new DYSON vacuum! I'll need it - especially for the cookie crumbs.

'Course, I need it for the pet hair and feathers everywhere, but I do intend to snack on some cookies over the weekend.

The rest of the time I don't spend watching chickens in the rain, I bet anything I'll get involved in a good read or three.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by