I'm gonna be RICH!

Papakeith

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 21, 2011
Rhode Island
I'm gonna be RICH!!!
lau.gif

Well, probably not. Not through egg production anyway.

But!

I just sold my first 6 dozen eggs! 5 wholesale, and 1 retail. Already the word of mouth is spreading and I have orders for another 5 dozen from various people.

I need more chickens!
jumpy.gif

I need more coop area!

The 13 dollars I just made should cover all of that, right? . . . right?
wink.png
big_smile.png

It only takes what 2 chickens to recoop the cost of the coop right.
wink.png
Thats what I keep telling the hubby every trip to Lowe's
lol.png

So with my eleven I can affort 5 1/2 coops but I round up to 6. (If only I had the land for that.)

Quote:
lau.gif
Glad to know that I am not the only one eating these super-expensive pampered-pet eggs!!! Good thing that they provide entertainment and fun too!!!

LOL I don't like that spreadsheet! I was happy to go on my merry way not really thinking about how much those eggs were costing... we were lucky enough to have an existing coop and to have bought a tiny four silkie flock (three hens and a roo) that we raised from chicks. At this point our eggs are costing $5.31 EACH Omg, that's like $64 a dozen!!!
lau.gif
Good thing they are so much fun! What a great feeling selling those first eggies must be!!!
thumbsup.gif
I'd be feeling rich too, instead now, I feel poor
gig.gif

Hilarious! My DH keeps asking which hen is going to lay the golden egg to recoup our costs...my 2nd coop was a FREE shed-but with the rennovations (even using salvaged windows) and the run I figure it cost about $600...add that to the cost of the first coop and run (prebuilt coop) and ...I will NEVER break even but it's worth every penny to raise all those fuzzy butts!

Right now my goal is to have them pay for their feed and still have some eggs at home for us to eat. Anything beyond that is gravy.

I had the outbuilding already. Most of the cost was getting hens that were already producing so I could jump right into getting product out there.

My father goes to Farmer's markets with his produce, and now he'll be taking my eggs. Come January I plan on tripling the flock size (don't tell my wife, I told her a "few" more) so I can keep up with the (fingers crossed) demand.

Of course it's still fun. I wouldn't do if it weren't.

WhoOt! an order for 2 more dozen just came in. I may have to expand the flock earlier than I had planned!
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom