I'm gonna CRY!! First moving violation!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChicknThief, Jan 4, 2009.

1. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    [​IMG] I just ran a red light in SAN FRANCISCO!! [​IMG] It was terrifying! I noticed at the last minute and hit my brakes, but then the cars behind started honking and I looked in my mirror and they were going to hit me! So I had to go through or get hit. [​IMG] They took my picture! [​IMG] Ima gonna get a nasty-gram [​IMG] Someone who has done that before, do they always send tickets when they take your pic as you go through, or do they waive it depending on how petrified your face looks??? [​IMG]

2. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    if you receive a ticket I suggest that you write to the "ticket dept" and explain that as the lights changed as you approached, you had to go through or risk a pile up of cars behind you driving too close.....if they don;t accept your explanation then ask when the last time the camera was calibrated and request a picture of your vehicle going through the red light...it seems to me you had no option but to proceed at the last minute......good luck

3. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I never got a ticket in SF, but in some cities the ticketing depends on how the camera is calibrated. One here in Philly got sued for being so fast on the red that it caught people whose noses were already through the light when it changed!

Don't borrow trouble, wait for the mail.

4. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Green lights should start flashing when they are about to turn yellow. There are a few lights near where I live that are 55 mph and seem to change from green to red super quick.

5. ole-crone

ole-crone Chillin' With My Peeps

If the cars behind you were honking and almost hitting you, I assume that you won't be the only one getting a 'candy gram' through the mail. Looks like a few others were planning on skimming though.

Chances are, the result will be a more observant driver.

Glad that no one was hurt.

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

They are set differently in different cities. Here, if your in the intersection while it is yellow, you are good to go. If you go into the intersection After it is red, ticket is a coming. However, here, you can tell which intersections you can blow, as the camera ones all have a blue light on them.

Besides, if it is your first, you can most likely have it differed, and if you don't have a violation in x time, it will be stricken from the records. At least here that is.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  7. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    Quote:Remind me never to ride with you... [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I hate those red light cameras!!! People here fight them all the time and win. You have to see if the yellow is calibrated for the legal number seconds it is supposed to be if not, then you are off the hook.

9. mybelle5

mybelle5 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2008
    Memphis TN
    As my son tells me all the time.. Chill baby chill.....First time violators usually have the option to attend online or classroom drivers school.. Classes normally cost around 40 to 60 bucks. Don't sweat it.. When you go to court on your court date ask for school. Also, if you go to school you wont have points on your driving record.

I look at it this way I'd rather pay 40.00 or so for the citation then 500.00 for your co-pay. Plus, if they hit you from behind it would of been their fault. [​IMG]

10. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Ive only had one red light ticket. It doesnt go on your driving record, here in TN. It cost me 50 bucks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by