I'm gonna lightly rant right here and it has nothing to do w/ chickens

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dangerouschicken, Jun 18, 2008.

1. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Have you ever posted on a blog only to have them delete your post? That happened to mehere. I knew these guys in Portland years and years ago, and for some reason, whatever I posted was so offensive, they deleted it.

I just talked about heirloom tomatoes. That was the topic! [​IMG]

2. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    I've never posted on anyone else's blog, so I can't say I've had it happen to me. Are you going to ask them why?

Stacy

3. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Quote:What could you say that is so horrible about tomatoes that it had to be deleted?

4. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    It was probably an accident, is my guess.

5. dangerouschicken

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Well, I thought about emailing the guy, but I don't know. I am just shaking my head over it thinking, why?

I mean, I was friends with his brother years and years ago (early 90's?) and we had a falling out, but it was resolved over 10 years ago. I have talked to his brother many times since then.

I don't know, it was really weird. I have this foodie section on my blog and found his during a search. I thought it was a cool blog and fit into some similar things I was talking about, too.

I swear, I just mentioned heirloom tomatoes, varieties I was growing, and also about Tyson foods being caught for antibiotics use (which was also akin to his topic). Does he work for Tyson or something? [​IMG]

6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I deleted someone's reply from my blog once. It was totally unintentional. I meant to hit reply. [​IMG] (I did contact her and tell her I made an oops, though! hehe)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Very odd...

8. dangerouschicken

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Yeah, it's not like it's real hard to notify the person with an "oops" or another post afterwards saying, "oh sorry about that."

I feel really cruddy about it now. It's not like the guy had a lot of regular posters on there, so I thought I was being cool and saying "hey."

Should I email him or something? But then again, what if he hates me and this is his way of telling me so?

[​IMG]

9. dangerouschicken

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Okay, so I just posted again there with just the word "Why?" but it said now that posts have to meet the approval of the blog administrator.

Did he think I was spamming him or something? [​IMG]

I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens, huh?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  10. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Bizarre.

But if this guy is this way, why do you care what he thinks??? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by