I'm gonna shoot 'em and break their necks; then I'm gonna kill 'em!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by joebryant, Aug 13, 2010.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

To my surprise my young blue hens have begun laying. Five eggs found just now in the west coop, and seven more eggs found in the south coop IN THE BLACK POOP BOXES UNDER THE THE ROOSTS.
    See My BYC Page.
    Howdya get 'em to lay in the nest boxes? I already have wooden eggs in them.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  2. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    You might want to kill-em before you shoot them or break thier necks, cause you dont want to hurt them HAHA. Im not sure how ours learned to use the nest box weve only found one egg not in a nest box, maybe take away the spots they like to lay. Maybe remove the poop boxes for awhile or something.
    good luck!

3. joebryant

Quote:Thanks, great minds think alike. Just a moment ago I had decided to remove them first thing in the morning and put them back in the evening.

4. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Quote:Thanks, great minds think alike. Just a moment ago I had decided to remove them first thing in the morning and put them back in the evening.

If that dont would kill-em, stab-em, and stomp-em LOL.
    P.S hope it works

5. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Just checked out your BYC Page, and I'm packing my bags! I know there's enough room in that huge house! [​IMG] I'm so jealous! Shoot, by the looks of your coops, I wouldn't mind living in one of them either.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Beautiful set up, Joe! I bet your wife loves it too!

7. kuken

kuken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2010
    Seattle
    Love your chickens names....someone must be an opera fan.[​IMG]

8. Finn's Mom

Finn's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, really lovely set up! What is the plant growing in the run?

9. joebryant

Quote:Quote:
    k√ľken :

Love your chickens names....someone must be an opera fan.[​IMG]

Finn's Mom :

Wow, really lovely set up! What is the plant growing in the run?

Thanks, everyone. Elite Silkies, let me know when you're supposed to arrive. You can chicken-sit while Anne and I go on a vacation.
    EweSheep, she'd better like it. She helped (50%) make both coops.
    kuken, yep. Wagner especially. I now have an entirely different line of bbs Orpingtons that I bred out myself. They're fantastic.
    Finn's Mom, those are boxwood. The chickens like to lie under them when they aren't free to leave the run.​

10. joebryant

If that dont would kill-em, stab-em, and stomp-em LOL.
    P.S hope it works

Will do! Will lechano if it works.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by