I'm having trouble shopping for the ornament exchange...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SterlingAcres, Nov 25, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I've found so many cool things, but I'm not sure what to get my buddy!! ::Hint - I don't think they get snow during winter, so snowmen are out, right? lol::

What are some of your favorite ornaments and where did you get them from?

2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Shellie, I would think anything you took the time out to find would be a wonderful gift wouldnt it. I mean it's all about the thought and it being from a fellow BYCer!

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    It's the thought that should really count ......x

4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    If you're shopping, World Market has some of the coolest blown glass ornaments, and they had more than one chicken [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, Elder-Beerman has some cool ones [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I know it's the thought that counts, but I really want them to genuinely LOVE it .... [​IMG]

So, as I asked above... what are some of your favorite ornaments? And why? And where did you find them?

[​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Hey I live where we don't get much snow at all, and I LOVE snowmen. Just because people live where there is no snow doesn't mean we don't love traditional Christmas items. [​IMG]

7. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

My favorite ornament is the one my gramma made. It looks like a bird beak and is made out of plastic (i call it cross stitch board) it is called plastic canvas! You wrap yarn around it and make it look like a bird and it can open on one side like a beak, Little Hershey Kisses fit right inside the mouth perfect. I will see if I can find the pattern or a picture. they would take like minutes to make and you could fill your person's tree with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2008
  8. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Most of my favorites are my farm and chicken ornaments. You don;t see them everywhere and There is something about each of them that I just love. They are all totally different and it is neat to just stand and look at all of them, placed just in the right spot on the tree!

9. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
  10. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

[​IMG] Crud I cannot find it but I have a pattern at home and can explain it if you want it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by