1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm hearing things!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by HenPenny, Apr 12, 2011.

1. HenPenny

HenPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    Lewisville tx
    I have two incubators going. One in lockdown. I was turning the eggs in the other incubator when I thought I heard a peep peep. I was thinking it was just the stryo foam incubator making it as I may have rubbed it. I closed it up and heard it again. Very clearly. So I flashlighted in the window but I can't see any pips. Am I imagining it? LOL Tomorrow will be day 21.

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Probably not imagining things, but definitely hearing the peeps that occur inside eggs close to hatching, yes.

The last hatch I had, the day of lockdown, I went to candle the eggs and one peeped at me. I didn't have to candle that one!

I've heard peeping before pipping in almost every hatch. I get so excited when I hear it!

Happy hatching!

3. MountainChickenMama

MountainChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Quote:Good Luck!

4. HenPenny

Mar 31, 2011
    Lewisville tx
    I went to check them this morning. I have four that I can see cracked the eggs a little. Woo hooo. I am nervous and excited. I heard so many horror stories. I'm stressing out what if something goes wrong.

5. kycklingmamma

kycklingmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]..crossing fingers for you and your hatchees..

6. Sancharosa

Sancharosa Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2011
    That is amazing, I cant wait to start hatching our own.

7. iluvsedward

iluvsedward Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2010
    Calvert county MD
    Quote:ditto eggzact same thing happened to me!

8. HenPenny

Mar 31, 2011
    Lewisville tx
    Two more pipped. I think two zipped? Is that when they crack a big place.? One keeps popping up a flap of eggshell. Like he is bumping his head. LOL
    Lot's of peeps.

9. WendiJean

WendiJean Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2011
    South TX
    I'm a first time hatcher, and now is when our eggs should start doing something, I want so badly to hear something too, LOL, good luck!

10. jennifersmith326

jennifersmith326 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2011
    Griffin, GA
    I hear peeping all the time. I will be at work and think I hear it. I think little chicks have taken over my brain.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by