I'm hooked!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hollyk, Jan 6, 2009.

1. hollyk

hollyk Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    Canton, Texas
    Well, it was predicted when I signed up with you people that it was just a matter of time until I would be hatching.[​IMG]

This afternoon I pick up eggs from a local fellow. [​IMG] 3 dozen eggs that are an assortment of RIR and BR ( a month ago I did not know what those letters stood for) all are pure bread. The bator has been on since yesterday. [​IMG] I got a little overwhelmed trying to decide what bator was the best choice- so I went to our local extension agent and got one of his. I figure if the school teachers have good success, its a good place to start.

I hope you are proud of yourself! My husband had suspected that he was living on a funny farm, now he is sure of it.[​IMG]

Did I mention that my 23 EE's are not even out of the booder box yet? [​IMG]

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Welcome to the hatching addiction!! [​IMG]

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    [​IMG] your hubby calls it the "funny farm" also !!?? ahhh, guess men think a like (scary)!!!

CONGRATS on becoming a hatch-a-holic [​IMG]

Will be waiting for updates [​IMG]

4. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    CONGRATS to the newly hatched hatchaholic, see BYC is addicting! [​IMG]

5. hollyk

hollyk Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    Canton, Texas
    I think my daugter, age 9, may have it worse than me. She has plans for guineas and buff oprpingtons. Then there is my 13 yr old who has requested goose eggs for her birthday in May. She wants to hatch them so they think she is there mother. The 15 yr old daughter is enjoying it, but has no plans of her own. All the 7 yr old boy wants is a pair of pigs.

What fun we are having!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by