1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm hooked!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CoyoteMagic, Apr 28, 2007.

1. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I started off with 8 barred rocks. Lost one, still don't know what happen there. Passed off 3 Roos this morning too a good home. (my neighbors don't know about the chicken yet, I can just imagine what they would do if one of the crowed [​IMG] )

Check out the feed store in the neighboring town. Wow cool store. [​IMG] Real old timey place with all the stuff your grandma used but can't find at the Tractor Supply.

Then I heard them............................................ [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] hundreds of them!!!!

Opened a door and there they were! OOOOOOOOOOOOh sooooo cute!! 2 week old barred rocks and 1 week old RI reds and Black sex-links!!!

I behaved!!!

I only came home with 3 of each!!!

Coyote

2. michellerene

michellerene Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Graham, WA
    [​IMG] I'd hate to see what "misbehaving" would bring home!

3. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    Aww! Arent they cute at that age? I have WAY too many! Want some more? lol [​IMG]

I have to stay clear of our local Farm and Fleet (like your Tractor Supply) because they have new peeps right now. And the LAST thing I need is MORE! lol

I have 40+ in the brooder right now, and 27 in the coop (8 weeks old) until tomorrow and then several of the extra boys are goin home. Yay!

congrats on your new babies tho! [​IMG] And hey, 9 aint that bad. When you start bringing home more than they can fit in one box, then you have a problem and should seek help (ANYWHERE BUT HERE lol We are instigators and enablers and will only make things worse!) immediately! [​IMG]

4. mandolinmama

mandolinmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Urbana Missouri
    Lol! I understand how that works for sure. I feel like i'm being a good girl too, but I think my hubby thinks i've lost it.
    I wanted to increase our flock a bit so I bought 6 little peepers but that wasn't going to be enough when I later got my heart set on Barred Rocks. I came home with 3 more.
    Now, as if THAT wasn't enough, I bought an incubator and placed a gob of eggs in there. If they all hatch I don't know that i'll be able to part with them. I DO know I won't be eating them!!![​IMG]
    I just can't seem to get enough birdies!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by