I'm impatient.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Silkie<3, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Silkie<3

Silkie<3 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2011
    Valley View
    So yesterday morning we went out side to find a tiny egg snuggled on some hay on the work bench (yay our first egg!!! Laid by our leghorn). anyway i guessed that was laid the night before and we just did not see it because later that day around 4:00 i went out side to find her in the same spot on top of an egg as soon as i came over to her she got up and went back into the coop. when i went inside i got super excited for tomorrows egg. so finally it was 4:00 the next day no egg yet o-o........ so i have gone non stop waiting for her to lay reading every single thing about Leghorns and there laying....oh yeah and earlier today i heard her singing her egg song but i did not find an egg and i searched every were ! so any one have any ideas? <3 thank you for listening to me ramble on and on :].

2. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    Pullets that have just started laying won't lay every day, at least until their body get's into the swing of things. Don't be worried, once she get's used to laying she'll lay almost everyday. Even adult birds that have been laying for a long time may skip a day every now and then, so don't worry, everything is normal. [​IMG] Good luck! And [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Silkie<3

Silkie<3 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2011
    Valley View
    Thank you soooooo much ! !!!!

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I agree. In the beginning the pullets may not lay everyday and the eggs are usually quite small but will get larger.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by