Im in a bit of a pickle (need advice)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Tracy the chick, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    ok i have call ducks in my incubater which are due 24th April, the pickle im in is that my mother in laws stupid ancient incubater broke so she had to put her runner duck eggs in mine that are due 21st April (sat) 3 days between them! this morning day 25 for the runner ducks theres 3 internally pipped and tapping on the shells. I havent turned the turner off yet? i could hand turn the call eggs thats no problem but opening the bater when the runners are hatching is going to cause problems! how many times should i turn the call eggs if i do go down that road? also i have never had ducklings and wondered what bedding to put down? i have easy chick bedding which is like bits of wood if thats ok to use? i hatched chickens and my mother in law hatches turkeys for xmas. Thank you...

2. aprille218

aprille218 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    northern MN
    Take them all out of the turner and leave them alone. Calls frequently hatch early and even if they don't it's close enough to their hatch date to not matter if they're still being turned.
    Aprille

3. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Thanks Aprille. Im going to turn the turner off now, the runner duck are all wobbling around now so its probley a good idea to turn it off. :D

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Please keep us posted!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by