Im In Love! (Greenfire Farms Sweedish Flower Hens)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by usschicago1, Jul 20, 2010.

1. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    I Keep on looking at these beautiful birds ! Im spending more time looking at those photos than looking through BYC lately. If i had $400 Dollars i would buy them ! Im in love, there better than cochins lol! Anyone else having these same thoughts?

2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    They're pretty, but I wouldn't spend $400 on a pair of birds....

3. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:I agree.

There nice but not 400.00 dollars nice...

For me I would just go get a Speckled Sussex and cross it with a Partridge Rock they should look about the same and a whole lot cheaper in price.
    If you like the Toppy Sweedish Flower you could just take the above cross and cross it with a Polish.

Chris

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:I agree.

There nice but not 400.00 dollars nice...

For me I would just go get a Speckled Sussex and cross it with a Partridge Rock they should look about the same and a whole lot cheaper in price.
    If you like the Toppy Sweedish Flower you could just take the above cross and cross it with a Polish.

Chris

Exactly. Or check this out: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=259853&p=1

Remember
    how much the light sussex were last year? Well now you can get the same bloodines of chicks for $6. Worth waiting!

5. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Songster

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    They are beautiful. I just love chicken breeds where the hens get to be as pretty as the roosters [​IMG]

6. NYREDS

NYREDS Crowing

Jan 14, 2008
    Their prices are crazy!!! $99 each for some day old chicks?
    $19 each for day olf Sebrights & their pictures of their adult Sebrights show birds that would be disqualified in any show.

7. corancher

corancher Songster

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    I think they are beautiful. The price is higher because it cost a lot of money to find and import the birds. There will certainly be many people who will purchase these birds and hopefully help preserve this lovely breed.

I am very tempted but I am holding out for the Chocolate Orpingtons. [​IMG]

8. KinderKorner

KinderKorner Songster

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    The think their colors look like mottled EE's. And there body shape look to skinny and scraggly for me. [​IMG] I like nice and fluffy, big round, like cochins, or brahmas.

[​IMG] I'm just not seeing the love.

I'll be holding out on those chocolate orps as well.[​IMG]

9. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    USS~

I love them too and was seriously thinking about them, but the price is too high IMO. I just received my Black Coppers from Green Fire Farms and they are absolutely beautiful but they too were spendy, but again IMO they were worth it. I had a nice chat with Jenny the gal who does the hatching and shipping at GFF and she stated they are very unique birds and she is a huge fan of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by