I'm in love!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by blueberrychickens, Jun 16, 2010.

1. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    I'm in love, the chicks are here!!! [​IMG] They are so dang cute, I know, I know, I need to post pics. Gotta wait for the DH to come home to help w/ that. Now I'm torn btwn watching chick tv, or finish painting the coop. [​IMG]

2. lisebarb

lisebarb Chillin' With My Peeps

That's a hard choice - chick TV or chores - hmm..... CHICK TV! You can paint the coop while they sleep. I know exactly how you feel. I just got mine yesterday and haven't done a darned thing around the house since. LOL They are SO cute and just light up when I come up to their bin and call them my little peepers. Sigh - I'm in love too! LOL [​IMG]

3. organicchef

organicchef Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2007
    Central NC
    Congrats, you two!!! Mine are almost 5 weeks old and really beginning to act like chickens!!! I love watching them!

4. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Thought I would say got my chicks too my first load. I am in love and Have done NOTHING sicne they came 1/2 June and 6/7 June.
    We have 6. 4 outside with a Hen and 2 inside as Mom died.
    So they are really special as we actually had to emergency hatch the 2 inside sadly all other eggs had dead chicks in but we saved these.
    Good to hear other folk are as mad as I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Running round like a headless chicken - oops!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. cambriagardener

cambriagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

They are so fun to watch. But they grow up fast so fit in a little time each day to paint that coop! Good luck!

6. Willow's Meadow

Willow's Meadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    Ummmmm yeah but WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?????????????????? [​IMG] I can't wait for mine!!!! They come like in a few days!!!!!!! YAY! Congrats 2 u!!!!!

7. cdluvschicks

cdluvschicks Out Of The Brooder

Yay babies! I vote for watching and kissing chickies... [​IMG]

8. Rausch hens

Rausch hens Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    I also vote chick TV and extra love and handling sure makes them nice when they are older. Take advantage of their chicky-ness. Congrats.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by