Im' in Nova Scotia, Canada

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Rizzo, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Rizzo

Rizzo Out Of The Brooder

Hi there... I am not all that new to the forum but have never posted before. I love this site and have learned a lot from the other members on here. I am relatively new to chickens... just got my first chicks in March and another batch in May and have found the info on here excellent. I would love to network with other chicken owners here in Nova Scotia so feel free to add me to your buddy list if you would like.

We have 29 Heritage chickens... 19 hens and 10 roos... they are amazing!

Hope to get to know some of the members on here over the next while and especially some of my "chicken neighbours" here in Nova Scotia. [​IMG]

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I'm in New Brunswick! [​IMG] Welcome [​IMG]

Owner of 11 chickens here. Two of which are heritage. Hope to get more in spring. Our breeder isn't hatching again until then.

[​IMG]

3. Rizzo

Rizzo Out Of The Brooder

Hi AOXA... thanks for the welcome... what breed of Heritage Chickens do you have?

4. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Quote:My chickens:

Barred Rock, Delaware, SL Wyandotte, two Silkies, two Polish, 3 Cochins and one polish mixed with silver spangled hamburg.

What about you?

5. Rizzo

Rizzo Out Of The Brooder

Quote:My chickens:

Barred Rock, Delaware, SL Wyandotte, two Silkies, two Polish, 3 Cochins and one polish mixed with silver spangled hamburg.

What about you?

We have French Copper Marans ( hen & roo)... Cuckoo Marans (2 roos)... Anconas (4 roos & 4 hens)... Chanteclear (1 hen)... Wyandott (2 roos & 3 hen)... Partridge Chanteclear (4 hens)... Barn Mix ( 1 "rumpless" roo and 2 hens)... Ameracauna ( 4 hens) and one German named one that I am not sure of but she is sweet!

They are all under a year old and we are over run by roos.... guess this wasn't the year to start a flock.... hahahaha. We are in the process of trying to re-home most of the roos as we have close neighbours and we don't want them to get ticked with us.

I just love our chickens though.... they are so cool to spend time with and it is usually my Sat morning thing to take my coffee and "be one with the chickens" for a few hours.

PS.... if you know of anyone looking for some sweet roosters, please let me know!

6. Framac

Framac Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    New Berlin
    What Part of NS? I am originally from Antigonish area.

7. Rizzo

Rizzo Out Of The Brooder

Quote:I live in Hackett's Cove which is about 5 mins from Peggy's Cove...

What part of Antigonish are you from.... I have family in Afton, Tracadie, Heatherton.... great area. Spent a lot of time down there as a kid![​IMG]

8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

9. Rizzo

Rizzo Out Of The Brooder

Quote:Thank you IMP... this seems like a great place to be!

10. Framac

Framac Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    New Berlin
    I am from the Locharber area, but do know a fair number of people from Heatheron and Tracadie. MacDonald, Mattie, white, lavangie, chisholm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by