I'm in tears!! My EE just layed her first egg...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by coloradochick, Jun 18, 2008.

1. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And it's perfect!!!!! HoneyBear's 21 weeks old and layed it out in the pen. My daughter was feeding the girls/boys some Super Worms and she saw HB pushing it around so she brought it in to me. Lord, you'd thought I was a new grandma!!

Pics to come

Cara

ETA: Now thinking about it, it probably wasn't HB since she's an EE and the egg was light brown. So probably my BR's or RIR's. Either way I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. Badgersburrow

Badgersburrow Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2008
    Missouri
    I know I will be crying...when my girls lay the first egg!!!!...
    gosh...I have got to learn use these cameras...[​IMG] Congrats!!!

3. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* I know, cool isn't it?? Feels like they are doing something super special just for you!!!! When Chook laid her first egg, I took half a dozen pics just like a proud parent!!! Chook and egg in the sun, in the grass, just the egg, close-ups. Yeah, I went nutz, certifiable. [​IMG]

4. Badgersburrow

May 7, 2008
    Missouri
    I found a volume of books from 1910....and bought them for three dollors...yes the whole set...for three dollars....about a week ago at an estate sell...low and behold the are called Books of Knowledge...and surprise, surprise...the first book I opened up...had a whole chapter on Birds of Service...THE CHICKEN!!!!!!With all these wonderful prints of the different types of Chickens and eggs and all the good things chickens provide to folks....I know I have never expected to enjoy these animals like I have....they are just a joy....They are just about 2 m/2 w's old....and they killed a snake yesterday...a small one ....I wouldn't kill it myself....but they are like the yard guards....So when my first egg comes....have mercy ...I am going to be so very happy:)

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    CONGRATULATIONS - it never gets old, if you're lucky and your EE lays a green egg, well BRING OUT THE TISSUES!!! LOL

6. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Quote:I have a set of 'The Book of Knowledge'. Mine are copyright 1963 though, but it lists all the copyrights back to 1910! What volume did you find that, I'd like to see how the '63 version compares.

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Cool! Hooray for HB!

8. Badgersburrow

May 7, 2008
    Missouri
    ibpboo , It is volume 5...my page is 1557...Title: Birds that serve us...hope you have it ....I love the pictures of the different chickens....
    and I am finding out how glad they are to serve us....I really will be so excited with my first egg!!!!!!:eek:

9. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    aww.. I can't wait to see a picture of the new Grandegg!! [​IMG]

I remember Midnight's first egg.I have pictures somewhere!

10. Oblio13

Oblio13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Makes you feel like a higher order of being, doesn't it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by