I'm in tears right now.

Barbeque

Songster
9 Years
May 4, 2010
Danville
Because my favorite chick, Barbecue, is gone! I counted my chicks today in their coop outside, and I only counted 6! I had 7! I noticed Barbecue wasn't their. I checked every he could possibly be in the coop. I promise. I didn't see guts or blood. I don't think he could get out. My only theory is that someone took him (idk why they would) or that a snake crawled in and ate him, and crawled out.
hmm.png
I am SO sad. The couple I bought him from, I bought seven chicks, since 6 is the minimum. My mom doesn't think he'd sell me a single chick if I paid him for it. I think he would...but whatever. All of my other chicks are doing amazingly outside. He was doing fine just yesterday. Now I don't know where he is! ):

Yesss! I didn't let him out though. Do you think he'll return? He's only like 6 weeks old, and he's a bantam.

edit: I mean he COULDA squeezed if he had intense desire to get out. I just though he was pretty happy where he was.

Last edited:
Quote:
I don't know exactly. He was there yesterday. I take care of them once a day. They seem to be happy munching on bugs and sunbathing. They always have water. But yeah I got home from my grandpa's house and went to take care of them around 3.

oh gosh I am sorry! I woul be freaking out too
sad.png
6 weeks old but I've never seen a bantam chick so I assume they are much smaller then standards?
sad.png
I hope the little chicky comes back!

Quote:
I don't know exactly. He was there yesterday. I take care of them once a day. They seem to be happy munching on bugs and sunbathing. They always have water. But yeah I got home from my grandpa's house and went to take care of them around 3.

what time is it now for you?

Quote:
Thank you! :)
I mean, I'll manage.
It's just that I was VERY sick, then twisted my ankle, now lost a chick! I go on vacation in FOUR days. ;p

Back
Top Bottom