I'm interested in pheasants

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by beagleman77, Mar 2, 2015.

1. beagleman77

beagleman77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2015
    I want some so bad but need more info like where can I buy hatching eggs what does the humidity and temperature for hatching pls help me yall I want some so bad

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Don't waste your money on eggs,they don't ship well.Buy young birds it will be cheaper in the long run.What breeds are you looking for?
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. beagleman77

Jan 1, 2015
    Chinese ring necks or red golden I will get young birds I'm in florida

4. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    You do realize those are 2 totally different birds?The ringnecks are cannibals and if not given enough room they will kill each other.The red goldens are the exact opposite and even though they do need room also,they very rarely fight unless there are not enough hens for the amount of males.You can run 2 male ringnecks for about 20 or more hens and they make be fine as long as their pen is huge and lots of cover and hiding places.I mean huge as in not less then 50x50.The same for goldens they would also need room for the same numbers.
    Do a little research and be sure of what breed(s) you want to keep.Pay special attention to the birds habits and listen to people that offer you help.
    In N.H.,,Tony.

5. beagleman77

Jan 1, 2015
    I know they are different breeds I will do my research

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by