Im joining you all, AGAINST MY WILL!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by theOEGBman, Feb 11, 2008.

1. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Well,

Im trying to downsize drastically, and I've already found homes for 30 of my birds, once I can make it to the Fresno Show in 2 weeks! I have one pen that has a large open run, and they fly out whenever they want and run around the property. They usually come back in to lay their eggs, but not alyways. I had a little hen in there that vanished over a week ago. The day before she vanished, there were a pair of hawks flying overhead, and one sitting in the tree over the run, so I thought, shoot, a hawk got her. Well, I went out to feed today and she was walkin around! So I followed her, and sure enough, she' settin on a big ol' clutch of eggs in the woodpile! I cant break her up because they are probably 1.5-2 weeks into incubation, that would just be cruel. So I guess Im going to have more chickens, lol. The good thing is, these birds run wild on the property, so that will save me a lot of money on food. I just wanted to let you all know that Im joining you all because my hens are sneaky. [​IMG]

Also, they run around with 2 roosters, so I expect these eggs to be VERY fertile. I saw a brown egg and a blue egg, so all of the girls have been sneaking around!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  2. HenHappy

HenHappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    Sounds like you are running a spy training camp!!! [​IMG]

3. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Hey Dee, seriously! She walked over the woodpile and then vanished into it like a trapdoor in James Bond or somethin! [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Against your will, huh? I can just see that hen twisting your arm, J. You love it and you know it!

5. HenHappy

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    Okay J, thanks a lot! I have "Live and let Die" song in my head now!!! With pictures of sneaky chickens with guns under thier wings....[​IMG]

6. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Cyn, she's twisting hard and its killin me! I love hatching chicks, yes, but at the moment, I dont need more! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Sorry, Dee!! Yeah, they keep their guns hidden when we are around, but I know there is a reason I keep finding worms with their heads blown off! [​IMG]

7. HenHappy

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    [​IMG]

8. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    Also, they run around with 2 roosters, so I expect these eggs to be VERY fertile. I saw a brown egg and a blue egg, so all of the girls have been sneaking around!

HUSSIES! ... and mutt mixed colored to boot...
    good lord J , teach those girls some MORALS!​

10. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    [​IMG] Hi J....Sure we twisted your arm...un huh!!...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by