I'm just not cut out for city life

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Tala, May 4, 2009.

1. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

[​IMG]
    I liked it better when all the houses were for sale. People moved in the house across the street which has been empty for over a year, and it seems like they brought everyone they know over tonight!!!

Too much people around my house, moving around making noise, crowding up the street with their cars, walking up and down the road making every dog bark, [​IMG] I'm gonna go crazy!

Lots of people this close to my space makes me wanna [​IMG]

We picked this house mostly because of the price and because the neighborhood was nice and QUIET. It's a good town, close to things, country enough for me, a pretty good balance but the next house is gonna be as far out in the country as we can reasonably commute!!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member 11 Years

I know what you mean. I never want to go back to living in close quarters with other humans. Makes me clausdrophobic!

3. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Ooo. I completely sympathize! Some of us just are not made for city/town living![​IMG]

4. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Songster

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    I'm with you. My g-grandma lived in town where houses are like 100 ft apart everywhere. I couldn't ever sleep at night. It seemed scary and no privacy.

I've always lived out in the country and do now. I could walk around outside naked and no one would know [​IMG] I couldn't live in the city.

5. sesa

sesa Songster

Mar 27, 2009
    Thurmont, Md
    I feel the same way, my son who was homeschooled and got his AA at the community college here when he only 18 is in his first semester away from home at school and living in the dorm can't wait to get back home and have some space.

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Funny thing is, when I lived in an apartment it didn't bother me as much, but this half-way-in-between stuff is hard to adjust to. When we lived on a busy highway traffic was so constant I could ignore it. Now I notice everytime anything moves

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I SOOO know what you mean. We just moved this last weekend from the ghetto to the boonies! I love it.

8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Quote:Ugh...tell me about it. Fayetteville, AR is ENTIRELY too populated. I'm moving to Elkins or Goshen within the next 2 months. I can't STAND opening my door and seeing pot heads only 5 feet from my door...

9. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I was born in the City.... but have lived in the Country most of my adult life... whenever I go back "home" to visit family... I can't wait to get back to the peace and quiet...... could never ever live in the City again..... added bonus... my neighbours are two big fields away... Bliss as one is the neighbour from hell.... who has just sold up... hopefully we will get someone more pleasant who moves in... (((Praying))))

10. rooster0209

rooster0209 Songster

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    I can relate. I grew up in a small town in OK and couldn't wait to leave. Lived in Tulsa for a few years. I lived 6 miles from work and spent 45min in traffic each way.

I moved to a very rural part of ND 12yrs ago. Im now married and live on a farm. I love it. No neighbors for miles, can walk outside in my jammies, do what I want, when I want and there is no one to complain!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by