I'm just so grossed out ...... worms! Oh help!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mistylady, Sep 10, 2010.

1. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    Howdy folks! Got some icky things! Really icky! I was sitting on a brick chatting with the girls this evening and here was a worm about three inches long, kinda white .... and a hen ate it. Then I turned around and saw a poo plop with the same looking worm in it! It was dead but still .... eeeewwwww! It looks like a roundworm (I googled). Right ater I saw the the womr in the poo plop I ran and grabbed the DE and sprinkled it on the roost and in the nest boxes .... now I have very angry hens ... and one ticked rooster! They hate me to mess with their house! Picky biddies! lol

So what next? Do I buy wormer? Should I toss the eggs I got this evening out? I showered as soon as I came in and tossed my clothes in the washer! Hate worms ..... eeeewwwwwiiieee!!!! Any help greatly appreciated! [​IMG]

2. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    DE wont get rid of the worms. You need to buy a wormer. Wazine wormer is good and there are others. Good luck its not the end of the world. Its an easy fix!

3. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    youe eggs are good still but depends on the wormer you get if they will be ok so read the bottle.

4. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by