I'm looking for Blue Orpingtons

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by lungewhipqueen, May 8, 2011.

1. lungewhipqueen

lungewhipqueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Cleveland, MO
    Hi everyone,
    I'm on the hunt for some Blue Orpingtons. I have a blue roo that I'm just in love with and I want more! I'm in the Kansas City, MO area and can't seem to find any. Anyone have birds available or a lead on some?

Thanks so much in advance!

2. New2TheCoop

New2TheCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Central, LA
    I have been looking at pictures of blue orpingtons all day, I am going to get some next year... If I can wait! lol. If you wanted to hatch some I saw several people with hatching eggs for sale in the BYC auction section. Good luck!

3. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    I raise blue orpingtons in both large fowl and bantams!! [​IMG] If anyone is interested I do have hatching eggs available. [​IMG]

4. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I'm in Lawrence and have hatching eggs- I can set them for you but can't guarantee hatch rates.

I think I've got some set on the 3rd in one of the incubators now...Look in my old auctions for pics.

5. maggiegigs

maggiegigs Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2010
    Oh I wish you lived here in PA because I have a gorgeous blue orpington hen that is broody right now and I am looking for a rooster.
    [​IMG]

6. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    Quote:I've got some really nice young black cockerels available from my exhibition rooster. Be happy to ship! [​IMG]

This is the rooster
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by