I'm looking for Button Quail eggs.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Lici, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Lici

Lici Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2012
    Lafayette, TN
    I'm looking for Quail eggs. I need at least four different breeders so I can have some breeding stock, or some eggs. Since the breeders I have gotten a hold of are Not Selling or Don't Sell Those Any More, I'm going to buy eggs to incubate. My uncle is willing to let me use one of his smaller incubators (yay) and help me keep the chicks inside until they can be set in the pen with heat lamps.

Anyone selling (I looked, didn't notice any right off)? I'm already looking elsewhere, but having eggs from someone here sounds like a better and safer deal.

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    What kind of quail , I have this type of quail , Have you had quail befor?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  3. Lici

Lici Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2012
    Lafayette, TN
    Preferably button, but my uncle and I are also looking for larger quail to help refill the dwindling population in our area.

4. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I have a pair of buttons but she isnt laying for some reason she laid a feweggs then stoped maybe for the winter??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  5. Lici

Lici Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2012
    Lafayette, TN
    It may be because the room is not warm enough or she is not getting sufficient amounts of light to inspire egg laying. That is something that effects Buttons from what I've been noticing fairly often.

6. GrandmaBird

GrandmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2012
    Colorado
    you can buy eggs on ebay. lots of people hate to ship in the winter as the eggs can die if they get too cold. You might be better off waiting until spring.
    I do hope you know these birds are not outside birds they like the temp around 70-80 and do not tolerate cold at all. just fyi.

7. Lici

Lici Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2012
    Lafayette, TN
    Definitely know this. I have a "shed" (fancy word for an outside room /apartment) that I'm putting my Buttons in.

8. RunningRabbit

RunningRabbit Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2012
    Tell ya what, I have three pairs of buttons (fancy and wild type), that are just starting to lay. You're more than welcome to those eggs for free. Just pay shipping and handling and they're yours. I'm letting them get into the swing of things before sending any out (checking fertility rates and all that), but once I feel that the fertility rates for the eggs are high enough, I'll give 'em to who ever wants 'em.

Just drop me a message if you want any eggs.

9. Lici

Lici Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2012
    Lafayette, TN
    Sure. That sounds feasible. My unc won't mind helping me (and therefore you) check the fertility rate.

10. raccoon67

raccoon67 New Egg

Dec 5, 2012
    We currently have button, but we have cortnix, bobwhite, and texas a & m. 35.00 a dozen. our hatch rate has been about 75-80%.
    If your interested call 901-835-2559 or my cell 901-246-6931. Thank You, suzanne. we are in Millington,TN. 30 miles north of memphis

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by