I'm Looking for Chicks in SW Washington/Oregon...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chilisweet, Aug 6, 2008.

1. chilisweet

chilisweet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    We are thinking about taking the plunge and getting chicks. Anyone local have some they want to sell?

~Caran

2. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    akkk! I wish you were closer!
    I will be having chicks (sizzles) and some Naked Neck sizzles hatching soon and will be selling. Uhhh I wish I was also coming closer to you or I would meet you.
    Good luck!

3. orcasislandchickens

orcasislandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    I expect to have a few extra bantam buff orpington chicks. The minimum order was more than I need so I will be giving away the extras. [​IMG]

4. RanchGranny

RanchGranny Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2008
    La Center, WA
    Hi, Caran. Have you looked on Craig's List? You can find them there for free sometimes... I bought my babies at Pioneer Feed Store in Battleground/Ridgefield. They were inexpensive, at about $2.50-$3.00 each, and had 4-5 breeds to choose from. I'm thinking of adding to my little flock of four, as well. My girls just started laying and it's so exciting! I'm so proud of them; they're all grown up now! But at 3 eggs every day or so, I won't be getting quite enough to sell any, which I had hoped to do. If I start 6-8 chicks now, they'll be feathered out by the time it gets cold, so I won't have to keep chickens in the house like I did last winter (never again! But without an enclosed garage, I didn't have any other options!).

Best of luck finding your chickies!

5. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    Quote:we dont have any chicks at the moment but I am planning on getting a bator soon and will have some hopefully shortly after that.
    You can always order them from one of the hatcherys...or have you checked at Orchards feed mill, I am not sure if they are done selling chicks for the year or not. They did have a few chicks last month.

what part of vancouver are you in?

6. chilisweet

Jun 17, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    We have checked most of the feed mills, especially Orchards feed mill, and they won't have chicks until spring. I'm concerned about ordering chicks online because of the heat issues alot of people are having, and chicks are dying, or not faring to well.

I will check out the feed mill in BG. Last time I was there, they didn't have any, but you never know.

Gopherboy, we are in Orchards, off of Padden Pkwy. Where are you? Do you have a rocket in your front yard? Are you off of Fourth Plain, possibly? [​IMG]

We are specifically looking for Wyndottes (Columbian, GL, SL, RLB, and Partridge)... I know it's a long shot, but I gotta try.

~caran

7. hollybird

hollybird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    lebanon
    the hatchery in hubbard sells on tuesdays. can go to the wood burn auction tuesdays too.

8. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    yep...we have a rocket in our driveway [​IMG]

end of padden heading out to Hockinson

9. chilisweet

Jun 17, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    haha, you are just down the road from us, then! cool deal!

10. earthy_chicks

earthy_chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2007
    Hi! I just got some SLW and EEs at Burns Feed Store east of Gresham, OR. Their phone number is 503 663-3246
    They'll be getting them in throughout August but they do go fast so you might want to find out exactly when they are getting what in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by