I'm looking for chicks/older birds....in OK and FL

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sred98, Dec 28, 2008.

1. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Hey all...I live in Oklahoma but am in the Orlando area until Jan. 3rd. When I get back to Tulsa, we are moving to our farm, and I am ready to get more chickens or chicks. [​IMG] I am wanting mainly larger egg layers, I will work on the meat chickens later. My "dream birds" are blue wheaten (yeah right! [​IMG] ) ameracaunas, marans, welsummers, and any color orpingtons. Although, I am open to just about anything, as long as it is not a smaller breed.

I do not have an incubator to hatch eggs right now, so I can't get any eggs, yet. If anyone has any grown birds, or chicks they would like to sell, let me know. I would prefer to stay away from the hatchery-raised birds, and stick with birds that have been raised by people on here.

Later this spring, I will also be looking for geese.

Please pm me if you are near either of these areas. If you are closer to OK, I will be willing to drive an hour or two to meet you.

Thanks,

Shelly

2. mhaines4102

mhaines4102 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Stroud, Oklahoma
    There is a man in Nowatta (near Bartlesville, north of Tulsa and advertises in Craigs list) that has black stars (2 1/2 months old) and RIR (4 1/2 months old) I just talked to him yesterday. You might contact him, he is hatching and raising more and more chicks. I don't know what area you are moving to, but it is one avenue.

3. bigokie37

bigokie37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    nowata oklahoma
    sent you a pm

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by