1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

I'm looking for chicks/older birds....in OK and FL

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sred98, Dec 28, 2008.

1. sred98

sred98 Songster

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Hey all...I live in Oklahoma but am in the Orlando area until Jan. 3rd. When I get back to Tulsa, we are moving to our farm, and I am ready to get more chickens or chicks. [​IMG] I am wanting mainly larger egg layers, I will work on the meat chickens later. My "dream birds" are blue wheaten (yeah right! [​IMG] ) ameracaunas, marans, welsummers, and any color orpingtons. Although, I am open to just about anything, as long as it is not a smaller breed.

I do not have an incubator to hatch eggs right now, so I can't get any eggs, yet. If anyone has any grown birds, or chicks they would like to sell, let me know. I would prefer to stay away from the hatchery-raised birds, and stick with birds that have been raised by people on here.

Later this spring, I will also be looking for geese.

Please pm me if you are near either of these areas. If you are closer to OK, I will be willing to drive an hour or two to meet you.

Thanks,

Shelly

2. mhaines4102

mhaines4102 Songster

Jul 26, 2008
    Stroud, Oklahoma
    There is a man in Nowatta (near Bartlesville, north of Tulsa and advertises in Craigs list) that has black stars (2 1/2 months old) and RIR (4 1/2 months old) I just talked to him yesterday. You might contact him, he is hatching and raising more and more chicks. I don't know what area you are moving to, but it is one avenue.

3. bigokie37

bigokie37 Songster

Mar 28, 2008
    nowata oklahoma
    sent you a pm

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by