I'm looking for fertile meat bird eggs

NonTypicalCPA

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 25, 2010
SW Michigan
We're going to attempt hatching out meat birds for the kids to experience. I'm looking for fertile eggs - Cornish x, freedom rangers,etc. Does anyone here sell them or know a good place to order online?

If you just want a small number of fast growers.

I have some broiler (black and red not cornish) that I kept out and have been hatching and selling eggs.

Mine I didn't keep close tabs on but they got to average of about 6 pounds by 12-13 weeks.

They got large quickly but I didn't have time to mess with them so you probably would hit 5 lbs by 9 weeks is my guess.

I have another member who likes them so much they are on their 3rd order.

Things you should know. They aren't cornish so you won't hit 7 pounds in 7 weeks. They don't have super sized breasts. Since they are boilers the breasts are larger than the average chicken but not compared to the cross. If left to get older they won't hit 20 pounds. Up sides. They stay mobile the parents roost about 4 foot of the coop floor and the coop door is 2 foot off grade without a ramp. You can process at your leisure, the parent are almost a year old now. They have more of a chicken flavor. They love to forage. The parents are actually good egg layers. I'm getting 3-4 eggs a day from 4 girls. The roo is my favorite (that's why I still have him he was supposed to be dinner after the first set of fertile eggs). He is sweet to the girls, he doesn't bother me or my daughter. He is also protective.

Back
Top Bottom