I'm looking for PURE White Plymouth Rock hatching eggs. NO mixed!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Smokin Silkies, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Smokin Silkies

Smokin Silkies formerly browneyebuttafly

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    I'm looking into getting a couple dozen hatching eggs. I want only Pure White Plymouth Rock hatching eggs. I do not want anything that is mixed or could possibly be mixed. Please email me if you can help me out. I really don't want to buy hatchery eggs, would prefer directly from a good breeder...they don't have to be show quality.

2. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    There is a very active Plymouth Rock Club. Robert Blosl is the head of that I beleive. If you google him you will get a ton of information.

I can help with his contact information if you dont come up with anythign via google.

www.crohio.com/rockclub/final%20Plymouth.pdf

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  3. Smokin Silkies

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    Is he the 'hoovers hatchery"? That's the only contact information I see on there. Thanks for the info

4. greathorse

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    No he is the guy that wrote the article that you see on the PDF. If you go to Crohio.com and then to the Plymouth Rock forum you will find information I am sure. I thought I had Robert's email address, but not finding it. If you dont get any help PM me and I will see if I can track it down. There are some very good Rock breeders out there.

5. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I have 5 really nice White Rock hens, unfortunately no rooster........

6. Smokin Silkies

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    Quote:Darn! We definatley need him for me to get fertile eggs...lol [​IMG]

7. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Darn! We definatley need him for me to get fertile eggs...lol [​IMG]

I know, I don't need them for laying so I gotta find a man for them!

8. Smokin Silkies

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    I checked out the website and I couldn't find any contact information. It did give me 2 online auction sites for eggs and I clicked the link for the plymouth rocks but I couldn't find anything 'for sale' or contact for info? I'll do some more research later on him and see if I can find a contact email or number. Thanks for helping [​IMG]

9. greathorse

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    I can give you a heads up based on my experience looking for good large fowl RIR. I went to that site and then to the RIR forum and asked for someone to sell me some eggs or chicks. I got nothing, then I went on the site and expressed my interest in the breed, asked some questions about who might have some good stock, where I might get good information and went from there.

My advice is to go to the Plymouth rock forum talk about your interest, why you are intersted where you are from and maybe some of your goals with the beed. It is often at that point that you begin to get some responses from some of the good breeders. I will see if I can dredge up Bob's email address and send it to you via PM. He will certainly get back to you.

I assume you are looking for large fowl?

10. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Here is Bob Blosl's email address. I belong to the Plymouth Rock Club, you can tell him you got it from me. He has show quality white rocks

[email protected]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by