1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm looking for someone close by to trade eggs with.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MandyH, Apr 18, 2007.

1. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I live in NE MS and want to get a good start of chickens. What I want is fertile eggs to incubate and then trade you back like 1/3 of the chicks in return. I have large black cochins, RIR's, and some domineckers right now. I DO NOT want any bantams. Thanks for looking.

2. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Well, it is nice to meet you. I live in Grenada. I don't have anything to trade you right now as I only have two bantams. I have some eggs in the bator due any day but they are also going to be small. Silkies and some others. Sorry. I love the cochins, and would love to have some eventually too, but maybe I should get the smaller ones to go with my smaller chickens, I don't know. Anyway, it is great to meet you. There are a few others from MS on this group. Maybe someone will want to trade with you.

Marie

3. MandyH

Thanks Marie, I have seen some of your posts on here. The reason I even found this place is because I have chicks hatching right now and was needing some know how besides my own. The large black cochins are (hopefully I won't offend anyone) THE best breed I have ever dealt with. They house easily, the hens will sit on anything that doesn't move out from under them, they are BEAUTIFUL, and they have those big fuzzy feet. Let me know if you know of anyone with eggs close by. This batch is my first set to incubate. It's pretty cool but nerve racking! I put an ad in the tradewinds last week but only had some calls with people wanting to sell me banties.

Mandy

4. Redneckchick

Redneckchick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2007
    Coldwater , Ms
    Hello KristenH , Welcome to the board .Live in North Mississippi and have Dominiques and black sex links. All the eggs I have are dominiques , so dont know that I can help you out. Just wanted to welcome you here.

5. MandyH

Thanks redneckchick. How far is Coldwater from Tupelo? My husband would be thrilled to have some Dom eggs. I am supposed to start a new set of eggs Saturday. Not sure how many I will have to set yet. How many do you have? Do you want me to pay for them or split the hatch with you? Thanks -KristenH

6. Redneckchick

Mar 30, 2007
    Coldwater , Ms
    Tupelo is about an hour and a few minutes from here....I actually live between coldwater and Holly Springs(Hwy 78) in the hills..lol.I'm originally from New Albany area. If you'd like some dominique eggs, I'd be happy to trade you a dozen for a dozen of your black cochin eggs so I could add to my breeds. If you want pullets I have a neighbor who I bought 20 pullets from a few weeks ago .He still had about 60-80 or so Black sex links and dominiques pullets. They're probably 5-6 weeks old now. If ya want phone #s . E-mail me at [email protected]

7. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Kristen, wish i lived closer, I'd be willing to give you some Light Brahma eggs just for the fun of it, cause everybody should have a few.

bigzio

8. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I wish I lived closer to you so I could have some Lt. Brahma eggs too! I love all chickens. I am a total addict. LOL. I sure hope my first batch hathes out ok. I have one OEGB out and waiting on my silkies and one SF that are left.

Marie

9. Redneckchick

Mar 30, 2007
    Coldwater , Ms
    Marie , Think I may try OEGB's .My little farm would look good with some color spread on it. Hope your hatch goes well [​IMG]

10. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Well, my hen is sitting on 7 more eggs. So I may have some extras. I will let you know. I have one that has hatched and one more in the bator and then those 7. So I will have several and I really don't plan to have that many of them. They were not my first choice, but were given to me by someone who could not care for them. But I do love them. And they are cute, but that hen is tiny. But she lays pretty good and is very young and went broody pretty easily. So I guess they are good for hatching babies. I will let you know what I end up with. Maybe we could trade or somethin? You get some of Kristen's cochins and hatch them and then we can just trade chicks (Dom's and cochins) instead of eggs?? How does that sound. I don't know that I am cut out for the incubating process. I would rather just buy the chicks. Whew!!!

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by