I'm loosing it! I'm dreaming of chicks now! :D

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by comerrick, Jul 10, 2008.

1. comerrick

comerrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    I put in an order for EE from Ideal last night. I ordered 7 pullets but read the fine print about roo "packing peanuts" might be shipped as well. LOL, bonus! But during this time of year do they really need more warm bodies?

Needless to say, spent the night just dreaming of chicks! It's official, I am chick crazy! And here, I thought I was straight! LOL:D
    Lov
    Liv

2. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Your not the only one. I was dreaming about mine hatching last night. lol

3. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I did that, too, when I was waiting for my chick order this spring!

I still dream about chickens, of course, but it's more like there are chickens in my dreams, not that I specifically dream about getting new chicks. [​IMG]

4. Chicken_Lover4567

Chicken_Lover4567 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    I placed an order a couple nights ago for 9 Barred Rock pullet and 1 Barred Rock roo. [​IMG] My parents want to duck tape my mouth shut because all I can talk about is my chicks, and what to feed them and what not to feed them, and blah blah blah. Chicks are everywhere in my dreams! They get here the 16th! Can't wait! :wee [​IMG] CANNOT WAIT! :thun

5. Beanbag

Beanbag Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    South Georgia
    HaHa! Does this mean I am normal? I thought I was loosing my marbles when I started dreaming about Buff Laced Polish chicks/chickens(a breed I really want) although a few days later I ended up with a frizzle chick. I love him though! He's on my avatar and a larger pic in my signature.

6. comerrick

comerrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    That is such a beautiful chick!
    Lov
    Liv

7. Beanbag

Beanbag Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    South Georgia
    Thanks!!! he/she is super sweet too. [​IMG]

8. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    when i was hatching i dreamt they all 12 hatched! ROFL but in the end i got 4 [​IMG] good thing too, lol 11 silkies?!?! :eek:

9. chiknwhisperer

chiknwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    Quote:My DH feels the same way. He asks me all the time if I've been clucking with my chicken buddies on here lol.
    And I tell him everything I learn, I think he selective hearing is really starting to kick in more then ever
    [​IMG]

And the chicken dreaming thing hehe,, almost everynight chickens somehow end up in my dreams. And if I'm sitting down with a blank expression on my face my DH will ask what I am thinking about and I say chickens. Now he doesn't ask anymore [​IMG]

10. flakey chick

flakey chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    I think Xtra roos depends where you live. I just got an order from Ideal of 10 tiny bantams and no peanuts. I live in FL. Ideal is supposed to be pretty good about not dumping peanuts.

No, you're not crazy dreaming about chickies. You know you're crazy when like me, you start hearing them everywhere.

from "Dictionary of Dreams", Gustavus Hindman Miller
    "To see bantam chickens in your dream, denotes your fortune will be small, yet you will enjoy contentment."

There's also an entry about dreaming of a brood of chickens. That's supposed to mean you are worried about a number of things. Nothing in there about being crazy. I'm off to bed to enjoy dreaming about my bantam babies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by