I'm losing my Mozart (update: It's over, my last Pyr is gone)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by WriterofWords, May 13, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    My heart is breaking this morning. I lost JoJo right as I joined BYC, and now I'm losing her son Mozart. Both my Pyrs will be together again very soon over the Rainbow Bridge.

This is my big guy when he was two, that was 9 years ago. It's a pic of a pic on my board at school:
    [​IMG]
    He eventually looked down at me, I'm 5'8"

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  2. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] so sorry to hear that writer!!!
    remember the good times you had with him and take comfort in knowing he will be with his mom watching over you!

3. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    So very, very sorry. Dogs and cats hold that special place in our hearts, and take a small piece with them when they go. Bless your heart.

Not to tell you to get new pups, but I believe new babies bring their small piece of love to repair your heart.

Cheri [​IMG]

4. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    My son stayed home from school this morning to take care of burying him next to Jo Jo. I said my goodbye's last night and sat with him. His nickname was Big Nose because he stuck his big nose into everything, he loved to have you grab his nose and kiss his whiskers. He and his mom were the best rescues I ever took in. She was only 6 months when she gave birth to him and he was just weeks old when we took them. When my son was young, he and his mom would herd Steven away from the fence or anyone nearby, they would always stand between us and anyone around us. When one slept the other would stand over them keeping them safe, then the other would sleep. I like the idea that now they have someone to stand over them again.

5. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I am so sorry to hear about this. The loss of a dear pet is always hard to bear as they are like a family member. [​IMG]
    Treasure the time they were yours to hold and remember them with fondness. Know that they were loved and had a good life with you.

6. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Quote:I will get pups, I can't be without my big dogs. Mozart and Jo Jo welcome every new rescue or foster I brought in. I won't work with the Pyr rescues I contacted though, they are more interested in money and telling me what I can and can't have at home with my big dogs. I'll just pray for a solution. I've never been without very big dogs, they have a special place in my heart.

7. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    OH goodness...I am so sorry to hear this. This has been a rough week for friends with canine issues, and it just brings tears to my eyes. [​IMG]

8. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    It has, it seems we all suffer together doesn't it? I don't know we'd do without each other.

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm so sorry. [​IMG]
    We are losing my beloved Charlie girl. World's best dog bar none.

10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    [​IMG] I'm sorry, it hurts more than losing most humans to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by