im missing one of my cochins.. Found her this morning...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by smom1976, Aug 24, 2008.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I went to shut the coop door (all I have to do is remove a board it closes on its own) and the board had gotten moved... two of my birds were missing.. I found one roosting on the fence post of the run but I cant find my cochin... I hope that she is ok.. I will have to look for her more in the morning..

I am saying a prayer for her that she is OK..

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  2. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Do you have a flashlight so you can do a quick search before going to bed?

3. smom1976

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    we searched high and low.. both myself and my DH both had high powered flashlights.. it was like day light out there it was so bright.. didnt find her at all.. I do have to say that my dog did not want to come in last night and slept outside. I think that she knew that one was missing.. but anyway this morning she was there.. poor thing last night it poored.. :eek: But she was ready to go back into her pen and get some breakfast. I am so glad that she is fine.. and I do think that the dog wanted to stay out there with her.. I am glad she did because Chelsea will run out anything that tries to enter the yard.. she is turning out to be a really good chicken dog.

4. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    Some one is going to come take your chickens away saying you have Weapons of Mass Destruction in your backyard.

5. smom1976

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    [​IMG] flood lights a good thing.. LOL

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Glad you ended up finding her. [​IMG]

7. smom1976

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    Quote:me too.. oh that would have totally sucked.. they are 15 weeks old getting ready to lay soon.. and the kids would have been sooo sad.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by