I'm moving this week to a land "far, far away"...come with me :)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by dewey, Feb 27, 2012.

1. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    It will moving at least "far away" from being able to have any livestock at my place (well, we'll see, haha) but will allow me to have an easier life with better day to day conveniences that I have sorely missed for quite some time and that most of us take for granted having.

It's for the best as far as I can tell right now? [​IMG] [​IMG] and I am looking forward to some convenience parts of it. Due to some health issues I had to place all my livestock some time ago, and just could not bring myself to talk about any of that yet. Far as I can tell, sometimes us tough ol' birds just do what's needed for the best of everybody & then lay low & regroup for a while with our thoughts til we figure things out. [​IMG]

I think we've got 'em circled now. [​IMG]

Anyone up for a new adventure? Come with me. [​IMG] [​IMG] If just for company sake. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Wishing you good health. Enjoy the livestock of others. I often have friends and family visit,relax among the animals/gardens,and then go home with some fresh eggs and veggies. They enjoy my yard and I am glad to share it.

3. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Best of luck. We are also considering a major move so I shall be following your adventure with interest.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    dewey,

Are you moving south to the valley? Closer to Prescott?

Let me know!

DW says my chickens keep me sane... I think it may be the other way around.

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Sounds lovely! Keep us posted and take care.

6. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Everyone, thank you so much...I appreciate your company! [​IMG][​IMG]

Mattemma, that's really sweet of you how you share that way, and a great idea about visiting those with livestock.

Mahonri, do I ever hear ya on that. LOL I'm sure you know the area...I'm moving to the Surprise/El Mirage area, a couple of minutes from Boswell Hospital, just over the bridge from it.

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!

8. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Theoldchick, thank you!

Mid week or so we should be partially moved in with the office stuff and a frying pan [​IMG], then everything else moved by the weekend.

Sumi, I know wishes don't mean much of anything, but I do wish you could come to the U.S. with your family. [​IMG]

9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I wish so too some days!
    We're moving to the U.K. as DH is English and I'm looking forward to our new adventure enormously. Looks like a wonderful place to live. Going to miss my chickens though... Luckily we know some chicken lovers here who'll take good care of them when it's time for us to move on.
    Hope all goes well for you and you're happy where you go.

10. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Sumi, thank you, and I know waiting is hard when every fiber in our being is beyond ready to be someplace else. [​IMG]

Update on the move process....while briefly at my house today checking out the drip system, my DIL & youngest grand baby stopped by, and my tiny little grand daughter was so wound up from excitement that she was running all over the place like a whirlwind, lol. She said she's happy I'll be living close by again and can see me every day, then she announced that she "wants to live with grandma and never leave", lol. [​IMG]

While the 2 of us were walking around the front yard checking out the plants she made up a guessing game in which I had to guess which one of her tiny little hands held the biggest pebble. I suppose I must have been too dramatic & taken too long guessing each time because she eventually picked up a huge rock that she could barely lift (and that you could literally crack open coconuts with) and while showing me a marble size pebble in one hand and the huge rock in the other, said in a very concerned tone "here grandma, I'll make it easy for you". [​IMG] [​IMG]

I bought 2 huge wing back chairs off CL today from a really neat lady, so that both my grand babies can each have a reading/snoozing chair of their own. The chairs were perfectly perfect for them. The color, eh, I'll work that in. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by