I'm NERVOUS! About to set eggs...new Brinsea bator...first hatch! :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by trinacliff, Dec 2, 2009.

1. trinacliff

trinacliff Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Heeeeeeeeere I go!!! I'm so nervous! I got the Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco, it's set up, holding steady at 99.7 or 99.8 right now...have the air vent half open, as suggested in instructions. I don't have a hygrometer yet, but I am not sure I can wait to get one...should I just set them and go for it, then get the hygrometer later? Can I open it this evening to stick in in there once I get it? I think I'm going to go blind staring at the tiny little notches on the thermometer...trying to figure out exactly what temp it is at...a big thermometer that goes from 90 - 110 with tenths of a degree marked would be so nice...LOL!!!!

Kristen

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  2. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    Go For it [​IMG] Take the plunge once you do you'll be addicted. I dont see why you'd have a problem adding the hygrometer later. Just do it, and keep us posted...It's so exciting to see your first peeps. [​IMG] I just got my new Brinsea Mini advance 2 days ago, and I didn't waste any time filling it..This will be my 2nd hatch. Good Luck & Enjoy [​IMG]

3. trinacliff

trinacliff Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Ok, I plunked them in there...it took awhile for the temperature to get back up there and then is pretty much stopped at 99. Is that ok for now until I increase it a tad tomorrow? It said in the instructions to not change the temperature for the first 24 hours. What do you guys think?

Without eggs, it was holding very steady at 99.7 or 99.8...with eggs, it's just at 99...I'm nervous again! [​IMG]

Thanks!

Kristen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by