Im new and I love this site!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chevis, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Chevis

Chevis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Brunot
    A couple of years ago my mother n law hatched me out some chicks for when we bought our farm. They were buff/barred rock, not very flashy, but they layed eggs thats what matters! LOL!! Then it hit me.... I wanted some crazy looking chickens....somthing no one else has. So i got all kinds of crazy looking chickens. I decided to start breeding and selling my chicks, & hatching eggs, cause wanted everyone to enjoy these beautiful birds!! Iv got .....Golden Laced Polish, Silver Laced Polish, Buff Laced Polish, Black Breasted Phoenix, Silver Duckwing Phoenix, Silver Laced Cochins, Partridge Cochins, Turkens, Blue Samatras, Red Shouldered Yokahamas, White Yokahamas, Silver Spangled Hamburgs, Ameracaunas, B/B/S Silkies, Rhode Island Reds, Mottled Houdan, White Crested Black Polish, White Crested Blue Polish, Cukoo Marans, and Salmon Faverolles. I have a few ducks also, White Pekins, Mallards, and Indian Runners. I found backyardchickens.com in Backyard Poultry magazine. Some of my other hobbies would include horses, and garding. When Im not doing anything with the chickes Im always on a horse, or n my garden!!LOL!! I am 29, & married, and have 2 girls, ages r 6 & 1. I own a Residential Care Facilty, called Patricia's RCF. I take care of mentally disabled adults. I have 7 dogs, .....2 labs, 4 begals, 1 Yorkie, 1 "Wal-Mart Parking Lot Special" LOL!! [​IMG]I Love this Site!!!!!! I can all my questions answered, I can buy hatching eggs, there is just so much stuff, and yes its VERY ADDICTING!!! It keeps me sooooo excited about chickens!!!! [​IMG] So Far the people r great on here, I visit this site everyday, its great!!!![​IMG]

Chevis
    [​IMG]

2. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Hello Chevis, [​IMG] from Tucson, AZ. I'd love to see your zoo! [​IMG] What a collection of birds.

4. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] from Pride, La

Missi

5. Chevis

Chevis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Brunot
    Quote:To funny!!! I also forgot to put my Mille Fleurs Duccle on there to, and i have 6 cats also! LOL!!!!!

6. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    [​IMG] from Maine [​IMG]

7. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    yes you are right BYC
    is the best. [​IMG]

8. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    [​IMG]

9. featherbaby

featherbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    You're a "Born Caretaker" Good for you!!!!!!!! I admire what you are doing professionally since I am caring for my two elderly parents (with dementia) in my home right now. It's one of the toughest jobs and God will bless you richly for it! Welcome to the site and post pictures!!!! We would love to share your joy and delight in your 'zoo'.

10. hughmac312

hughmac312 Out Of The Brooder

welcome to the henhouse...

its a great site

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by