i'm new and need some help please

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lordloveaduck, Sep 20, 2009.

1. lordloveaduck

lordloveaduck New Egg

Sep 20, 2009
    nova scotia canada
    Hi i'm a newbie to the site as of today!! I live in ontario at the moment but we have bought a house in nova scotia near annapolis royal and will be moving there next summer. I'd live to have about 25 chickens for eggs...can anyone tell me where do i go about buying chicken? i dont want chicks, pullets are fine about 8-12 weeks old. anyone have any suggestions i'm open to them. I already have a penned yard and a coop built and ready.

2. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from Wisconsin. I would suggest a couple of things to help find what you need.....Check the Chicken Seel/Buy/Trade section, check the section "Where am I? Where are you' for folks in tour area and maybe check the 'Breeder' section. There is also a thread that lists hatcheries in different areas. Try typing in 'hatcheries' in the little search box in the right hand corner above the blue bar that says "Announcement" [​IMG]

3. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  4. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    [​IMG] from waaaaay down south!

6. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

7. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas size [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. lordloveaduck

lordloveaduck New Egg

Sep 20, 2009
    nova scotia canada
    thank you all what great encouragement. right now i have 4 dogs, three french bulldogs one staffordshire terrior and one duck an indian runner named Bill, who is 7

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by