I'm new at this...Mid Coast Maine

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pepsiloveshotdogs, Jul 12, 2010.

1. pepsiloveshotdogs

pepsiloveshotdogs Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2010
    Mid Coast Maine
    Hello to everyone. I have been scoping this site out for the last few weeks while I convert my 5-year-olds wooden playhouse into our chicken coop. All I had to do was bribe her with choosing the paint color:D Which is now Apple-A-Day red.
    I don't have my chicks yet...still looking. Who knew it was so hard to find backyard chickens in July in Maine? If anyone has a lead on some ladies...I would appreciate the direction.
    Thanks! Gina

Oh yeah, lets get on the wagon here:
    I have a great husband, 3 beautiful kiddos, ages 9, 5 and 3.5, two uber-hunter cats who prefer to ignore all humans (unless they want something) and a Australian Cattle Dog Mix puppy who will be coming to live with us in August! (I think that covers it all:))

2. cterbizan

cterbizan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] from GA

3. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    Welcome from another Mid-coaster. [​IMG]

4. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG] ....I sent you a link on your other post that may help you with some chickens....

5. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    Quote:how old are you looking for? i currently have some 4 week old bantam faverolles pullets. they are sweet little birds that are good with children but aren't heavy producers of eggs like the production breeds, you still may get an egg a day or every other day. they will start out laying small eggs but get up to a medium size as the chicken ages. my faverolles have been wonderful winter producers of eggs for this area. only the heat has some issues with them but is easy to remedy. if you are interested and want to do some reading on them you can check out the fav thread on my signature below!

i do travel over the border to York, ME on Saturdays with my dh to do a flea market-it's outside so weather permitting we'll be there. if you are close to that area and are really interested you can PM me and we can bring them with us one of those Saturdays.

eta: heat only seems to affect the adults. the chicks have been loving it! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  6. pepsiloveshotdogs

pepsiloveshotdogs Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2010
    Mid Coast Maine
    Thanks for the welcome-and for posting some links. I think this will keep me busy for a while...I will update.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by