1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

I'm new--how many posts before I can post my new coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by CaroleK, Jul 25, 2013.

1. CaroleK

CaroleK In the Brooder

Jan 28, 2013
    North Idaho
    I've looked over the site and can't find the number of posts needed before you can attach pictures. Can someone help please? Thank you.

2. lawrencerooney

lawrencerooney In the Brooder

Jun 3, 2013
    In the hand of God
    You don't have to have any sort of number ... I had trouble finding how to post mine as well. What you do is; just click the 'coops' button on the top of this page and on that page near the top, there will be a button you can click that says 'add a coop design'. Click that and post away :) Hope that helps

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  3. CaroleK

CaroleK In the Brooder

Jan 28, 2013
    North Idaho
    Thank you. I didn't want to necessarily add it to the "Coop" section, but I just wanted to be able to add pictures into a post or to send a PM to someone, but it said I didn't have permission. I thought I remember reading that there was a minimum of posts before you can add pictures.

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Free Ranging Premium Member 7 Years

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    It used to be 10 or so posts, but things have changed some. Many people are having trouble posting pictures since they upgraded the site, I have read. Most people recommend that you use google chrome or firefox to get BYC, then you can post easier. Older windows programs don't work well anymore. I use chrome, and it is so fast I really enjoy it. Just get on and post on some different threads and you will be there in no time. Welcome!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  5. CaroleK

CaroleK In the Brooder

Jan 28, 2013
    North Idaho
    Thank you. My computer is a 2003 version, and I am using Firefox. But I was originally able to post my "first coop" picture when I signed up. I'll just try posting until I reach that "magic number."

6. LOLchick

LOLchick Chirping

Apr 1, 2013
    California
    I didn't know there was a magic number. [​IMG] I just jumped right into it and posted pictures pretty soon after I joined. I clearly didn't read all the rules.... oops! [​IMG].

7. chynasparks

chynasparks Songster

Jun 21, 2013
    Texas
    Thank you for asking the question. It answers mine. I guess I can't put pics up here because all I have is my iPhone. I haven't been able to add pics at all. Bummer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: