Im New to BYC. Kim from California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kimotay, Jan 1, 2017.

1. kimotay

kimotay Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2017
    Hello BYC and fellow chicken loving friends,
    Hope to learn lots of helpful information from all y'all.
    I purchased my first chicken about a year.
    Then added 7 more chickens shortly after that. Then i took in an abandoned chicken into our family and that made 9 chickens. So far., lol.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Kim, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! You sound like you have some experience with chickens but if you ever want to hone your knowledge, the Learning Center is a great place to visit: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    It is loaded with great articles ranging the entire spectrum of chicken keeping. Also, always be cautious adopting in other chickens as you may also be importing in diseases to your flock. One of the articles in the Maintaining a Healthy Flock section of the Learning Center talks about quarantining, if you are interested. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I like how you said "...so far..." lol. Funny how chicken math creeps in and takes hold.

Thanks for joining us!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Kim, thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you have joined us.

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Kim [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by