I'm new to the site

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tomo ov gy, May 4, 2017.

1. Tomo ov gy

Tomo ov gy Out Of The Brooder

Hi guys. I've kept chickens a good few years built a set up at my dads house. Now I've moved away to a new home I've plenty of garden space and I've gone straight out and got myself 2 lovely little p.o.l chickens hens. It would be great for answers to any of my questions. Thanks Tom x

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Tom and welcome to BYC and congrats on your two pullets. I'd suggest having a look around the different forums and posting your questions the forum that you feel is most relevant. It will help other members to provide relevant advice if you include your location in your profile.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. Cntry1958

Cntry1958 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2017
    Somewhere in Maryland
    Hi Tom,

Welcome to BYC, Having your own place is wonderful and adding your own flock so soon after getting a new place is even better. I bet your dad is so happy knowing you also love chickens as much as he does. Make sure you build a big enough coop so you can add a few more in the coming months or years down the road. Remember 4 square feet per chicken for the coop, 1 square ft space her chicken for roosting and 10 square ft for run per chickens. Go big as you can so you don't have to do it twice. Best of luck with the new home and your flock. WE want to see pictures soon to... lol

5. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Hello and Welcome to BYC!

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Tom [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. Tomo ov gy

Tomo ov gy Out Of The Brooder

Oh thanks guys . X

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by