I'm new to this so don't laugh at me

Randy101

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2017
I just hatched out 13 quail chicks they were doing fine but now I lost 3 And 2 or 3 more have dirty butts what do I need to do

I have no experience with quail..but assuming they are similar to newly hatched chicks....
I would clean their butts and keep them warm.....?
th.gif

Yup if not removed it can kill them :( luckily and easy fix is a bottle cap of warm water to dip the clumped part into and then slowly work at it with a paper towe on and off, till it's gone!

Ok thanks one more question I have more eggs in the incubator when should I but it on lock down and what is lock down exactly I can't open it at all

Lockdown is when you take the egg turner out of the incubator, or stop turning the eggs. What breed are your quail eggs? Whatever breed they are, you will want to start the lockdown 3 days before estimated hatching day. For more information, visit the learning center and go to "other fowl." There will be lots of information on quails there.

Ok and another question I have been putting eggs in every day have I messed up by not waiting 5 days or so

Back
Top Bottom