Im new with questions

Bryan C

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 28, 2012
Hi BYC members. I'm new to BYC and I'm a teenager with a knack for animals. I wanted to know how big should a loft be for one pair of pigeons im thinking maybe some tumblers or rollers not entirely sure yet. I don't have a great budget and I just want to raise the pigeons for fun and to observe them because im trying to become a veterinarian. I just don't know how big i should start one pair or two pairs. Any advice would be gladly appreciated. Thank you for your time

welcome-byc.gif
& im only 12, but im bout to b 13, i wanna b a vet too :) But i thnk that u shood get two pairs of pigeons. The place should be big enough to walk inside, probably, and the base shood probably b 4ft by 5ft... but idk much bout that stuff... But Hope it turns out good
frow.gif

Bryan,

If you are going to start with rollers or tumblers you could start with a smaller fly box. Something 4x4x2 or 3. Use a wire bottom and put it on legs. You can find several good examples on the web.

Thank you for the advice. Are there any pigeons that are best for beginners?

Thank you for the advice. Are there any pigeons that are best for beginners?
I started with three pairs of pigeons and by far I love my American Fantails the most - So much personality...but the "English Trumpeter Pigeons" seem like a really good start choice.

Thanks for the help im still deciding what breed to pick but i dont know how many to start with if i only have a 4 x 3 x 4 cage for now I don't have a big budget for the materials

Back
Top Bottom