I'm new

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by LuvEasterEggers, Jan 26, 2016.

1. LuvEasterEggers

LuvEasterEggers Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2016
    Hi, I;m new to BYC, could you guys give me some pointers? I am thinking of getting some EEs if my zoning laws will allow it.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you onboard! Hopefully your zoning laws will allow you to keep chickens, but ill leave advice on EEs to our US members.

Good luck

CT

3. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC...I agree that you should check your zoning laws the very first thing. If they say that it's okay, I suggest that you get a copy of that portion of the ordinance and file it somewhere safe. It wouldn't be the first time someone checked, based their activities on what they found, only to be harassed later over having chickens so it would be nice to be able to pull out that ordinance the first time a dispute about them comes up! And the forum is full of threads where folks got their chickens first, some not knowing they couldn't have them, others knowing full well they were not allowed - and had to get rid of them. So good thinking on checking first.

There is just no way to type everything you need to know as far as tips and pointers on chicken keeping goes. Put 100 people in a room and they'll have a 100 ideas on the best way to raise chickens. So your best place to start is in the BYC Learning Center. I've put the link right here:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

That will get you started, and maybe even answer some questions you didn't know you'd even have! Like you, I really like Easter Eggers. I have several and my flock will always contain some. Not the most prolific layers out there, but amusing, adorable, and plenty of eggs for what I need. My grandkids love them! This is the story of my first 5 EEs.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/the-easter-eggers-of-oleo-acres

Again, welcome to BYC! Enjoy your journey into the wonderful world of chickens! I do hope you find out you can keep them!

4. LuvEasterEggers

Jan 26, 2016
    Thanks for the help and the nice welcome!

5. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    You are so very welcome!

6. LuvEasterEggers

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I just said hi to you on your other thread, but Hello! again [​IMG]

8. LuvEasterEggers

Jan 26, 2016
    LOL, sorry about the multi-threading, I thought it was not working, so I just kept doing it again. but hello to you to![​IMG]

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Lol! Welcome to BYC! :frow

10. LuvEasterEggers

Jan 26, 2016
    Thanks! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by