IM new!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ATchickens, Feb 17, 2017.

1. ATchickens

ATchickens New Egg

Feb 17, 2017
    Virginia
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes! We got our first two chickens only two days ago!! We definitely would do well with some advice!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Three (one is a rescue that fell off of a chicken truck and is what people call a "broiler chicken" )

(3) What breeds do you have? The two we have are a mix of RIR and RIW

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Googling for help on how to design the roost for our chickens

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? i LOVE country line dancing and 4 wheeling, being outside is a favorite...if you consider that a hobby!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I'm engaged and we just bought a 20 acre property back in October. We're getting married next October. We have a doggy and a kitty who are both SO sweet! Our new property came with a coop....but the more i research looks like you would consider it a run. We recently got our business license and named our new business Valentine Farms, LLC. We locally want to sell honey, eggs and sunflower seeds....hopefully more products down the road!

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Congrats on the new property and chickens! If you haven't already, check out the Learning Center, there are a lot of great articles there that will help you get off on the right foot with your flock.

And if you would like to 'meet' other members in Virginia, you can find your state thread using the link in my signature.

Best of luck with all your plans!

3. ATchickens

ATchickens New Egg

Feb 17, 2017
    Virginia
    Thanks so much!! :)

4. MissNutmeg

MissNutmeg Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, friend!

5. HappyClucker7

HappyClucker7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2016
    Welcome to BYC! Goodluck with your farm and chickens!

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under ATchickens [​IMG] Welcome!

Congrats on the new property and best wishes for your future together. I love ‘Valentine Farms’ as a name.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there, and welcome to BYC! I am so glad you joined us, please make yourself at home here! I think you'll like it! :frow

~Cuz

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by