I'm new ;)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by humpty2dumpty, Jan 26, 2011.

1. humpty2dumpty

humpty2dumpty New Egg

Jan 26, 2011
    Hi all! I had been looking for some good website with all the details about keeping and taking care of chickens and found this one on the google's first search page [​IMG] Four years back I bought around 10 chicken which grew into some real nice, egglaying hens and roosters. All of them died last year coz of some disease [​IMG] anyways, went for some chicken again and now i have around 25 egglaying hens again [​IMG] i have no idea what breed they are but i just love them!

Guess you don't have that many Asian members. I'm from Pakistan [​IMG]

2. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    We have members from a good number of countries all over the world - though time lines tend to dictate when folk are on.
    You are very very welcome. Here there are loads of folk to offer help and advice. If you post pics of your chicks on the What breed? section I am sure that someone will be able to let you know exactly what breeds of chickens you have.

We have a great section on caring for sick birds and lots of information on disease control and identifying disease and cures. You could even ask about your old flock that died and someone may have info on why that happened which would help you keep this flock safe.

I know there are loads of folk from places like Thiland and Australia, USA, and the uk so don;t be put off!!!!!!! Does it matter what ethnic background you are???? I don't think that chickens really care???? As long as you feed them - [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oesdog [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio.

5. ganesha09

ganesha09 Loves chicken feet!

Sep 18, 2010
    southern Illinois
    Hello from a fellow newbie!! Welcome! Look forward to hearing more about your chickens. I also really enjoy learning about other cultures- hope to hear lots more from you! Have a great day! [​IMG]

6. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    [​IMG]

7. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

8. Nat123

Nat123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2010
    Home Sweet Home
    [​IMG] from Indonesia [​IMG]

9. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Welcome to the site from Canada! [​IMG]

10. kenman100

kenman100 New Egg

Jan 26, 2011
    Greetings everyone,
    My name is Ken and I hail from Hamersville, Ohio. I just found this site and thought it would be a great place to network and most importantly, to learn. I have a small flock of mixed chickens (Rhode Island roo, A Buckeye roo, a Light Brahma roo, 3 Buff Orpinton hens, 5 White Leghorn hens, 7 Americana hens, 3 Buckeye hens and a celebrity Blue Slate Tom Turkey named Napoleon who is long on personality and short on smarts. I purchased 30 Cornish x pullets from the hatchery today and look forward to inviting them to dinner in a couple of months. In the early part of the summer I am hoping to purchase some Buckeye eggs or chicks and start a separate small flock with the Buckeye hens that I have. Well everyone have a good day and I look forward to learning as much as I can.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by