1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm no expert...but is there something wrong?? **PHOTOS Attached***

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Half-a-dozen, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Half-a-dozen

Half-a-dozen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    NJ
    Hope this is the correct section to post this..........

I've had this roo for two months now.....first month he was seperated from the rest of the flock (just in case of anything at all).

The second month he went in with all the rest. Uneventful two months and He looks the same now as he did then.........
    (??? frostbite on the comb and white ??? whatever that is near the ears??)

Now as I look at him more and more, I am wondering if this white area above his waddles is a bad thing or if the (what I thought was frost bite) is like old...Avaian pox???? Harmful??? [​IMG]

I also have no clue what breed he is??? Only because his tail feathers are all messed up :eek: and due to my inexperience [​IMG] I can't tell what it should be like???
    B.T.W. can you also tell by the pics how old he looks???

What do you think? Healthy / normal??? [​IMG] Or should I go run out to the coop and evict him immediately??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

THESE LAST TWO ARE A LITTLE FREAKY.... HE IS CROWING SO HIS EYES ARE BUGGED WAY OUT....[​IMG] hope thats not a bad sign too?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Can't remember the name of the breed, but those are his earlobes. He lookes perfectly healthy and very, very, handsome. No need to worry.

I want to say Blue Andalusion, but just a guess. They say white earlobes means white eggs.

3. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    He looks like a breed that has white on their face by the ears. I'm sure someone can give the name of his breed.

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

5. Half-a-dozen

May 26, 2007
    NJ
    feeeewwww!!! [​IMG] Thank you everyone and thank goodness.........
    It's a terrible thing when ya think tooooo much!!! [​IMG]

6. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    LOOKS Normal :)

7. Half-a-dozen

May 26, 2007
    NJ
    P.S. Silkie...thanks for the link!!! that does look like him!!! [​IMG]

thank you so much... [​IMG]